Updated: January 19, 2018
All of Dedoimedo content is of personal, private nature and does not reflect positions, opinions or policies of any company or affiliates mentioned. Furthermore, views expressed in Dedoimedo articles do not represent any employer of the author(s), past, present or future.
Specific content may be requested or commissioned on behalf of individuals and companies. In these cases, an explicit disclaimer notice will be added to any such article, including terms and conditions of the publication.
My general copyright policy is Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 4.0. There are several notable exceptions. Dedoimedo permits charity, educational and non-profit organizations (like universities, Wikipedia, etc) to use all materials on Dedoimedo without additional explicit approval from the site owner. However, the use of material still requires that you:
- Have a written, legal proof that you are indeed an official and legally recognized charity or an educational or a non-profit organization (should anyone ever ask). Otherwise, you are not permitted to make use of Dedoimedo materials under the charity/education/non-profit clause.
- Download the content and host it separately outside Dedoimedo (I pay for bandwidth, after all).
- Link to the original article. Credit Dedoimedo for each use of said material.
- You may not charge money or services from other people for their use of content originally downloaded from Dedoimedo, and if you share it, you must let others be aware of the terms and limitations.
- You are free to modify the content (use snippets, resize images, etc), as long as the modifications fall within the context of the original topic.
- Dedoimedo material cannot be used for political, religious or race-related purposes when these might offend one or another group, even if the intended use is within the charity, educational or non-profit context. The usage is restricted to technical discussions, art, science, and humor. Dedoimedo retains all the rights of the original and altered content.
For any and all other uses specifically not mentioned above, you must contact me and ask me for a permission, including but not limited to commercial use or marketing. If in doubt, email me.
The above copyright statement has not been worded by a lawyer, so please do not try to abuse any potential loopholes in my phrasing. Use the materials with moderation and discretion and try to be fair and give credit when due. Most importantly, try to be helpful and generous. Use my example as an opportunity to spread education and teach other people the wonders of science, art and humor.
I sincerely hope your stay here will be positive, enjoyable and educative, but I cannot guarantee that. In the highly unlikely case that you should find my topics offensive or counter-productive, I suggest you stop reading and go elsewhere.
Dedoimedo is all about education, fun and humor. Since tastes vary, it is possible that you may not like some of the subjects discussed. In that case, you may not hold me morally, legally, financially, or otherwise responsible about writing my experience, findings and opinions on any of these subjects. If you think I'm wrong, write an article of your own somewhere. Regardless, I will try to refrain from unsubstantiated negative comments or rumors about people and matters at hand.
Hardware & software tests
I cannot guarantee the quality of any of the third-party products mentioned in any of my articles, and as such you will never hold me, under any circumstances, morally, legally or financially responsible for anything that may happen to you by, because of, due to, or through the use of links, products and recommendations on my site. Furthermore, I cannot guarantee that my site will not be compromised and such its contents altered, modified or replaced. Therefore, treat all contents, especially links and images with caution.
Use my advice at your own discretion. I sincerely believe that all of my articles will be beneficial in some way, and will be written with the best of interests in mind, but there is always a chance for mistakes and errors, and things change over time.
Dedoimedo uses several third-party scripts - notably ads, analytics and social sharing. All and any information that I have access to through these scripts (and their associated services) is used for my own statistical purposes ONLY. I use the gathered information to improve the quality of my website and will never disclose it to any third party for whatever reason.
I welcome suggestions. You can email me with your views and ideas. Visit the Contact page for details.